We leave this Saturday for Europe! I am so excited and almost ready. I bought a new suitcase over the weekend. It is so awesome and about 8 pounds lighter than my last one so I can bring more stuff. It also has 8 wheels and you are able to swerve it all around. Christine and I finished up our shopping over the weekend and I have almost completely finished the itinerary, just a little bit of tweaking here and there is all that remains. I am very proud of the itinerary, it is my masterpiece. I still need to make one for the Disneyland Paris portion of our trip though. The value of the Euro continues to fall and I am glad we waited until last week to book some things because we saved a lot of money. Here are some of the more unique things we have planned:
1. Wine Tour de France - We are going to a wine cave and learning all about wine and champagne! I am excited for this as I am a recent convert to wine and its wonderfullness.
2. We are meeting up with an American that now lives in Paris and she is giving us and 4 other people a tour of Montmarte. I think this is going to be really cool. Montmartre is where much of the movie Amelie was filmed.
3. We are having dinner at a man named Jim Haynes on Sunday evening. He is famous for his "Sunday Dinners" where he cooks for travelers all over the world. I know this picture is scary but here is his info: http://www.jim-haynes.com/index.htm. I have read lots of blogs and reports about the dinners and how cool they are.
4. We are doing a night bike tour and wine cruise throughout Paris. I am stoked about this!
5. We plan to hit a bar in a cave as well as a bar in an old dungeon!
6. The second part of our trip will be with Theme Park Review. I list this because it is also unique. How many times have you heard of 70 people from all over the world getting on a bus and travelling throughout Europe visiting theme parks? It was a blast over the Deep South last year and will be the same this year. If you are interested in this, check out www.themeparkreview.com
7. We are going to Disneyland Paris (DLP). I have heard it is the worst of the worldwide Disney properties, but I don't care. I am sure it will still be fun. Our travel buddy, Renee, scored us tickets to a private party there on Saturday. Also, Captain EO just opened there! Woohoo!
That's all for now!
Four years... All buttoned up
4 years ago